The Student News Site of Concord-Carlisle Regional High School

The Voice

Concord-Carlisle High School's Student Newspaper
Upcoming Events
  • Last day of school is June 13th!

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice of the Future – Senior Spoof Spotlight: Hannah Daniel

*Created futuristic photo courtesy of Mrs. Ray

The Voice says farewell to Hannah Daniel in the most traditional way possible, a sendoff foreseeing her future! We predict that this is what her life will look like in ten years from now.

Concord Carlisle Regional High School welcomes the returning of alum, Hannah Daniel, to CCHS, this time as a member of the faculty! After living in Virginia and completing her Masters Degree in Biology, Hannah has found her way back to New England, and better yet, back to CCHS, to work as a teacher in our newly added Science extension course in the Rivers and Revolutions program. 

When asked why Dr. Daniel wanted to become a teacher, she responded that she “wasn’t initially planning on becoming a teacher when I graduated from CCHS, but I suppose my interests in wanting to help others, coupled with my love for Biology and nature made it almost impossible for me to not combine my passions with a minor, and later doctorate, in Educational studies.” Dr. Daniel went on to explain how she decided to come back to Concord, saying how she spent a lot of her “college years traveling during [the] summers,” and while she loved being able to explore new areas, “she couldn’t help but feel a sense of wanting to come ‘home.’” 

Dr. Daniels noted that a close friend from her high school years on The Voice had mentioned to her that CCHS would be developing a new extension course, and upon hearing about it she “lept at the opportunity to return to [her] ‘roots,’ so to speak”. Looking ahead, she feels as though she will have “a positive impact in helping students prepare for standardized tests, based on [her] extensive knowledge of the content, not to mention strong organizational skills,” but along with this, she is also “really looking forward to some more opportunities to provide hands on learning for students, both in the biology labs as well as out in the fields and within the community.”

While it’s especially exciting to have Hannah returning to our community again, we are also eager to welcome her new puppy, who she affectionately is going to name it “Rivers.” We love how Hannah recognizes the powerful impact of working with animals and adolescents and can’t wait to see who this pair continues to pawsitively impact our community! Welcome “home” Hannah and Rivers!