The Student News Site of Concord-Carlisle Regional High School

The Voice

Concord-Carlisle High School's Student Newspaper
Upcoming Events
  • Last day of school is June 13th!

The Voice

The Voice

View from the Top #2: Maya Fingerle

What were some of the clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities you were most involved in at CCHS?

“Since freshman year I have been involved in the Interact Club here at CC, which is a fundraising club to create impact. I love hanging out with those who are also in the Interact Club and being able to give back to my community.”

What are your hobbies, interests, etc. / what is your favorite way to spend downtime?

“I like to do both active and laid-back activities in my free time. I am involved in a gym where I practice Jiu-Jitsu and kickboxing, but I also enjoy reading and listening to music, as well as attending concerts.”

How do you feel about being a senior?

“I’m excited to be able to go to Virginia Tech in the fall, and being able to start my college education, which feels like what I’ve been working toward for the last four years. I feel like most of my senior year has been both enjoying the independence and preparing/looking forward to college.”

What’s the best thing about being a senior?

“The best thing about being a senior is the flexibility and personal responsibility. Additionally, I enjoy being able to drive to and from school (and parking in the senior lot).”

What plans do you have after graduating from CCHS?

“I plan to earn a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Tech, which will be my main occupation for the next four years. During this time, I’d like to be involved in research focused on the development of technology that can help the environment. I also would like to secure summer internships related to my major. Hopefully, through all of this, I’ll be able to attend concerts of my favorite artists and go hiking in the local area.” 

What’s your dream job?

“Ideally, I’d like a job that helps fight against the scary progression of climate change in our planet, while applying engineering skills. I enjoy designing and creating things that have a purpose or can fix a problem, and the problem that I’d like to apply my skills to is helping correct global warming.”

What are the best spots in CCHS/Concord/Carlisle?

“I like taking walks along the Rail Trail in Concord, especially in the spring/summer/fall when it’s nice out. Reasons to be cheerful in West Concord Center always has cool, unique flavors in the summer, too.”

What is the best lunch block or place to get lunch? If you got lunch from the school cafeteria, what was the best food you got?

“If I had to choose, I’d go with the burritos. From what I’ve heard, it’s not a fan favorite, but out of all the options, it’s my favorite. That or the grilled cheese. I also recommend the tuna sandwich, if those aren’t options that week.”

I could not live without… 

“my friends’ chargers. I lost my computer charger promptly after the school year started, which left me to resort to using my phone charger which doesn’t charge it effectively unless the computer is off and left to charge for many many hours. Plus, my computer dies within two hours of use.”

I am currently listening to… 

“Bear Ghost. I just added some of their songs to my playlist, and really like them. I wish more teachers allowed their students to listen to music while working.”