The Student News Site of Concord-Carlisle Regional High School

The Voice

Concord-Carlisle High School's Student Newspaper
Upcoming Events
  • Last day of school is June 13th!

The Voice

The Voice

View from the Top #5: Mia Snorek-Yates

Image courtesy of Mia

What has been your overall experience at CCHS?

“My experience at CCHS has been one to remember. There have been so many fun memories made and bonds formed with new and old friends that I will forever treasure. I have learned so much at CC, and the more I look back at it, the more I realize how much this school has given me and shaped me into who I am today. And for that, I am forever thankful.”

What were some of the clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities you were most involved in at CCHS?

“I was involved in theatre, choir, and the Nordic ski team at CCHS. All of these extracurricular activities brought me my closest friends today, so without these opportunities, I don’t know where I would be. The environment and support system at CC is a remarkable one, and these activities only prove that further. I have loved every activity I’ve done at CC because of the community it builds.”

How do you feel about being a senior?

“I think that being a senior comes with being super excited for the future and also feeling sad to not see people and leave friends behind. I’ve learned a lot my senior year, and I feel very prepared for my next steps now than when I did at the start of the year. Senior I can confidently say was by far my best year of high school, and it was so much fun to be spending my last months with my best friends doing all sorts of fun activities and having our ‘lasts’ of everything.”

What’s the best thing about being a senior?

“I think the best part about being a senior is that everyone realizes how this is our last year and therefore does not take that for granted. All the senior activities make it so fun when everyone is involved and invested because we all now know that this is our last time to be a high school student and just have fun.”

During your time at CCHS, what has been your favorite class and/or teacher and why?

“My favorite class has been Sociology taught by Mr. Gauthier. He is an incredible teacher and, in my opinion, makes it so that each student wants to learn more. Every day, I looked forward to that class because I always knew I would learn something new or have a fun time. I knew something exciting would happen each class. It helped me realize my love for sociology and social science and I want to explore that more after my time at CC.”

What plans do you have after graduating from CCHS?

“After CCHS, I am planning on attending Skidmore College. I am starting the fall semester abroad in London, however. And while that may be a daunting idea, I am extremely excited as I know it will be an experience I won’t forget. CC has helped immensely to set me up for my path moving forward, and I can’t wait to start my new journey.”

What’s your dream job?

“My dream job, if I could do anything, would be to be a singer/songwriter. I love singing and writing songs when I have the time, and to be able to share that and travel to meet new people sounds absolutely incredible.”

What are some must-do things at CCHS?

“I think, just in general, it’s important to do as much as one can. I, personally, did not do very many clubs, although I did other activities; however, I joined one senior year and it was such a fun extra thing to be able to do. Some of my friends were already doing it, and it gave me a chance to be a part of something I knew was making a difference and also spend time with my friends. So, even if it happens your last year, I think it’s so beneficial to just try new things no matter what they are.”

What advice and/or tips do you have for underclassmen?

“For underclassmen, my best advice is to stay on top of your work and plan out time to do everything that needs to be accomplished. As you progress in your high school journey, the fun increases; however, so does the workload. It’s important to have fun and spend time with those you love. So I think if one is able to stay on top of work and prioritize, even if that means not always spending time with friends, high school can be even more enjoyable.”

I could not live without…

“My friends and family. I know that may sound cliché, but my support system is truly what has gotten me through high school and this far in life. I’m so grateful for all the people in my life who are there for me and have helped me to become who I am today. Loved ones are so important for all of us to help us through tough times and to just be there to make us laugh. So, I will forever be grateful for my personal support system and all they have given me.”

I never thought I would…

“Travel to New Zealand or Iceland on a school trip. CC has so many wonderful opportunities, and traveling is one of my all-time favorite things. The perspectives that I’ve developed or lessons that I’ve learned while traveling are lifelong. Going on these trips to New Zealand and Iceland only broadened my love for travel and opened my eyes to new realms of the world.”