The Student News Site of Concord-Carlisle Regional High School

The Voice

Concord-Carlisle High School's Student Newspaper
Upcoming Events
  • Early Release May 8 and May 22nd (1:15 PM)

The Voice

The Voice

Denmark Exchange

The CCHS Denmark Exchange is a cultural exchange program where students build their sense of global citizenship, explore one of Europe’s underappreciated countries, and create lasting friendships. The program pairs CCHS students with students from Slagelse, a small town about an hour away from Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark. Over the summer, participants in the exchange will correspond with their host siblings via email or a social media channel of their choice. In late October of 2023, the Slagelse students will come to Massachusetts and stay with their CCHS “sibling” and their families. During the day, the Danish students will go on excursions to local landmarks like Walden Pond, the Freedom Trail, and other delightful places in the Greater Boston Area. Once the Danish students return to Slagelse, participants will keep in contact with each other. Then, in April of 2024, CCHS students will travel to Slagelse and stay with their host siblings and their host siblings’ families. While there, we will visit Danish castles, the Viking Museum, Copenhagen, the Hans Christian Andersen Museum, and more! The cost of the trip is $2,500 and includes everything except money for lunch and souvenirs. Thanks to the generosity of previous participants’ families, scholarships are available. Interested? Apply now!