The Student News Site of Concord-Carlisle Regional High School

The Voice

Concord-Carlisle High School's Student Newspaper
Upcoming Events
  • Early Release May 8 and May 22nd (1:15 PM)

The Voice

The Voice

View From the Top #7: Ellie Grehan

Senior Ellie Grehan says, “It’s a very weird time being a senior.” Even though there is a “mix of excitement and fear with every big event,” she also realizes that they could be “the last times [she’ll] see the majority of [her] classmates.” Grehan’s emotions are mixed as “the reality that [she is] almost done [with high school] [sets] in.” Amid these bittersweet feelings, Grehan mentions many positives, such as the confidence of knowing the school really well, being able to relax once getting accepted into college, and the increased friendliness and connectedness of people.

A few of the events Grehan was involved in at CCHS that she recommends to her peers include Kicks for Cancer, the Hypnotist Show, and the Multicultural Food Fest. Academically she suggests that underclassmen “make study guides” and “rewrite [their] notes before tests,” as this method helped her develop and “enforce good study habits” while “retaining the information.”

Grehan expresses that her favorite class has been Twice Told Tales with Mr. Rivera and Mr. Spence. It was a large class with about 50 students, but it had good energy. She liked the “interdisciplinary aspect” of the class, and the double block created a “great community feel.” Grehan would also like to shout out her math buddy, Felicity Zhang. (thanks Ellie!!)

At CCHS, Grehan has participated in the Tai Ji club, the Advisory Leader program, Varsity Volleyball, and JV Lacrosse. In addition to her many extracurriculars, Grehan delights in reading, listening to music, working out, and spending time with friends.

Overall, Grehan remarks, “I have had a very positive experience at CCHS.” She explains that the teachers are “attentive and are always trying to help you succeed,” and she enjoys the “cooperative nature and spirit that comes with many of the difficult classes” such as AP Physics 1 and AP Physics C.

After CCHS, Grehan will attend the University of Michigan for (probably Biomedical) Engineering. She aspires to spend a summer traveling all over Europe, making sure to adventure in Italy, France, Denmark, and Iceland.

We congratulate Grehan on her achievements and wish her the best of luck for the future!