The Student News Site of Concord-Carlisle Regional High School

The Voice

Concord-Carlisle High School's Student Newspaper
Upcoming Events
  • Last day of school is June 13th!

The Voice

The Voice

View from the Top #6: Noah Zall

Image courtesy of Noah

According to Noah Zall, the best thing about being a senior is “telling your complaining junior friends that you’ve done your time.” Noah has certainly made the most of the four years he has spent at CCHS, where he says he has “made strong bonds with my peers, creating friendships, friendly rivalries, and other relationships to either last or remember for a lifetime.”

One of Noah’s primary activities at CCHS was Ultimate Frisbee. He captained the team his senior year and says he will never forget his teammates, describing that “by the end of my fourth year, we were family. Always putting our hearts, mind, and bodies on the line for each other, every day of the week.”

Off the field, Noah also cultivated his passion for music. He especially loves his guitar, which he started playing at five years old and says he can’t live without. Noah was also an integral part of the a cappella student-run group Take Notes, in which he “made some of [his] most treasured memories and bonded with some of [his] favorite people and had a blast cramming every song just before a performance.” Case in point: “Running our set for the first time off book during the intermission of the showcase. Good times.”

Noah highly recommends participating in any music elective or club for future CCHS students, as well as “watching or participating in the spring musical, meeting Mr. Gauthier, Kicks for Cancer, and graduation.” In his opinion, the Learning Commons is the best place at CCHS, and Sorrento’s is the best lunch spot, when there’s enough time to get off campus and back. Noah says that “New London’s is a good substitute if it’s too crowded” at Sorrento’s.

For Noah, some of the most unexpected moments of high school became the most cherished. “I never thought I would accidentally drive to Canada,” Noah says, but he adds that the experience was actually the highlight of his senior year. He found it  was so memorable to “[camp] out overnight with two of my closest friends on the Canadian border to watch the eclipse,” and just as memorable, although perhaps for a different reason, to spend “17 hours over two days to drive back home because the traffic was so horrendous.”

As he moves on from CCHS to embark on an exciting new journey, Noah hopes to leave behind a legacy of being “a loyal, dedicated, and positive presence to all of those I work with and care about.” He says, “I always try my best to put myself out there – in mind in the classroom, in voice in music, in body in frisbee, and everything that goes along with it.” Noah notes that one thing he has discovered to boost this confidence and courage has been “working out and dressing well.” He also reminds his peers to keep in mind the life lesson he has learned in high school that “caring is cool.”

Noah is now eagerly preparing for the next stage of his life. He plans to “work for the first month of the summer to save up for a musical tour of Europe that I will be taking with a choir in the latter part of the summer,” after which he will return home to “enjoy a few days of rest” before “[buckling] down and [getting] to work at Brandeis University,” where he’ll “hopefully study physics and participate in a 5-year program for business analytics.”

The Voice thanks Noah for his insights and wishes him the best in his future endeavors!