The Student News Site of Concord-Carlisle Regional High School

The Voice

Concord-Carlisle High School's Student Newspaper
Upcoming Events
  • Early Release May 8 and May 22nd (1:15 PM)

The Voice

The Voice

Making a Paw-sitive Impact: Thinker’s Agenda Supports the Service Dog Project

The+dog+bowl+is+open+for+donations%21+
The dog bowl is open for donations!

The Thinker’s Agenda Club seeks support for the Service Dog Project, a local nonprofit that provides Great Dane service dogs for mobility-challenged individuals. Students can now sign up for an opportunity to meet and greet several of these spectacular service dogs during Flex block on May 29th (search for “Great Dane Service Flex” in MyFlexLearning) and learn more about the program itself. Thinker’s Agenda will be “dishing” up a donation drive and fundraiser, including both a dog dish for donating physical items and a dog sticker sale on May 21st during all lunches in order to raise monetary funds. 

The Service Dog Project, based in Ipswich, MA, has already trained and donated over 200 certified Great Dane service dogs. The Service Dog Project explains, “Our main mission is to breed, raise, train, and donate certified service dogs to people who experience difficulty with their balance or mobility.” These remarkable furry friends undergo training to assist their human partners in daily tasks, offering them independence, companionship, and a renewed sense of freedom. From opening doors to retrieving dropped items, these dogs are true champions, empowering individuals with disabilities to live more fulfilling lives. 

Thinker’s Agenda, a club known for its commitment to raising awareness for local nonprofits, has launched a campaign with the Service Dog Project and needs your help! As mentioned, the club will be collecting donations until the end of the school year for this organization. Items needed include medium dog cookies, XXL kongs, brooms and mop heads, kitchen-size trash bags, large latex gloves, and peanut butter. If you would like to donate, please bring donated items to the easily-recognizable dog bowl in the Learning Commons. You can also support the organization through their wish list here: Wish list

In addition to their donation drive, Thinker’s Agenda is gearing up for an exciting sticker sale. These adorable stickers, featuring our beloved Great Dane companions, will be available for purchase during the lunch blocks on Tuesday, May 21st. They will be priced at one for two dollars and three for five dollars, and all proceeds will go directly to the Service Dog Project. It’s a paw-some opportunity to snag some cute stickers while making a difference in the lives of those in need.

But that’s not all! On Wednesday, May 29th, during Flex block, the service dogs will be visiting our school! This exciting event offers you a unique opportunity to interact with these specially trained friends who provide comfort and support to those in need. Students are encouraged to take advantage of this wonderful experience and connect with these furry friends during their visit.

These four-legged heroes are not only changing lives, but also winning hearts with their charming antics. With their wagging tails, happy eyes, and playful nature, service dogs effortlessly melt our hearts. Their presence in our lives serves as a reminder of the power of unconditional love and loyalty. For those of you who can’t get enough of these endearing dogs, you can browse livestreams here: www.servicedogproject.org/doggie-cam!

So, CCHS, let’s unite in support of the Service Dog Project and the incredible work they do. Whether it’s through donations, spreading awareness, or buying stickers, every small gesture counts in making a paw-sitive impact on our community. Please help out Thinker’s Agenda in rallying together and show love for our favorite furry friends!

To learn more about the Service Dog Project, please visit www.servicedogproject.org.