The Student News Site of Concord-Carlisle Regional High School

The Voice

Concord-Carlisle High School's Student Newspaper
Upcoming Events
  • Early Release May 8 and May 22nd (1:15 PM)

The Voice

The Voice

2024 Quebec Trip

Bonjour, Hi! We’re so excited to share our adventurous trip in Quebec as CCHS French students. Temperatures reached as low as 7°F, so we got to try a variety of fun winter activities. From dog sledding in the snow to warming up with hot chocolate, the trip had a packed and entertaining itinerary. The trip was organized and chaperoned by our amazing teachers Nouna Dang Duy Pinto, Lina Smith-Watchi, and Tyler Patterson. 

CCHS French Students waiting for dogs to arrive at Chenil La Poursuite. Courtesy Photo.

We boarded the bus on Thursday afternoon, eager for a long and exciting weekend. After a six-hour bus ride, the adventure officially started on Thursday night at the Sandman Hotel in Montreal once we crossed the border. Up until curfew, everyone was allowed to spend some time lounging around the hotel and its pool. It was similar to having a taste of independent, friend-filled college dorm life.

Each day started with a delicious breakfast in the heart of Montreal and Quebec City. We explored the beautiful McGill campus and visited the breathtaking Sacred Heart Chapel. Before heading to Quebec City, we had time to wander around and have lunch with our friends. The lower town of Quebec City had the most stunning French architecture, so we couldn’t resist taking tons of pictures. After dinner, we went tobogganing for an exhilarating ride.

Sculptures and stained glass inside the Basilica. Photo by Alyssa Drake.

On Saturday, we had a blast exploring the sights of upper town Quebec City and even had military training to learn about the historical 1759 Battle of the Plains of Abraham. Lunchtime was extra special at Quebec’s famous Winter Carnival where we indulged in different foods and practiced our French. One of my favorites was trying the Canadian specialty, Beavertails. After a fun time at the carnival, we went dogsledding and tried snowshoeing which made traveling in the snow so much easier. For dinner, we had an unforgettable experience at Érablière du Cap where we enjoyed a 17th-century meal with plenty of maple syrup. We danced to traditional songs and even made maple butter to bring home!

Le Château Frontenac, the most photographed hotel in the world, at night!

Before saying goodbye to Quebec, we visited the Huron-Wendat Museum on Sunday morning to learn about the fascinating history of the First Nations. We highly recommend this trip, which is open to all French students, as it is coming back in 2026!

Students pose for a photo in downtown Montreal after free time. Photo by Lina Watchi.